Tuesday, September 22, 2009

jct progress - configure settings, spell check and wrong referrer error

Changed configure settings:
Group feature - set to false
Trackback - changed to strine.net.au
GMT time offset - changed to +10
URL validation - reset to test again

The reason the spell check is coming up blank/not working is because the host company either doesn't support or hasn't got aspell turned on. I'll email them to find out.

I used this wrong referrer code to try to fix the error with the bookmarklet. http://forums.pligg.com/wiki-articles/17531-wrong-referrer.html
It needs to be used on the live site as my bookmarklets point to strine.net.au, not my local server. If it doesn't work, I'll have to remove it, but it would be a shame to get rid of another line of defense... I'll run a test late tonight, so if it all goes pear shaped I can run a fix, hopefully without anyone being impacted!

I also heard back from the host company - they don't back up the files for us, so I will need to start not only backing up the site files and database, but also the SVN files. I'm reading up on how to run a hot copy (which takes a live copy of the svn files and I think won't flip out if someone happens to be using it at the same time?). There's also a bunch of automated code you can use (based on a quick Google search) but I think a bit of investigating needs to be doen today to determine best process

No comments:

Post a Comment