Monday, September 21, 2009

jct progress - google analytics

OK - successfully inserted the google analytics locally in the footer.tpl file.

As the pligg files aren't straight forward html files, there were no body tags to put it in front of :-) I also had to encapsulate the code in {literal} tags. I wasn't sure if it was working, but it didn't seem to be freaking out the code, so I committed the changed to the repository files and practiced executing a repository export to the live server again. The live site still seems to be working, so I guess all good...

It did take a bit of time, just transferring the files and reinserting the settings and CHMODing correctly, so I'd be tempted to do this later at night from now on, as it leaves the site offline for a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment