Monday, September 14, 2009

Not waving, drowning...

OK, I've downloaded RapidSVN, as it's a cross platform SVN client (and I figure it's best to go with a non-specific one, that way if someone on the team wants to use this as well, I can show them how to do it regardless of their choice of platform. This is assuming I manage to work this out...

I've downloaded (but not installed) DiffMerge, which I understand I need to use with RapidSVN. I almost caved and downloaded either Synchro (cross platform) or Versions (for Mac but looks awesome and uses TextWrangler to compare merges/differences, which I already have and use) but neither are open source. It's tempting to shell out the cash just for the more straightforward instructions and installation (and to retain my sanity), but I'm aware of the budget (i.e. $0!) and it's important to just keep moving with this...I'm sure when I look back I'll be glad of the learning opportunity.

I'm about to download CollabNet Subversion (a binary open source package to install Subversion on my Mac - I think!).

I've emailed the hosting guys to see if they have any info re using svn over http. I'm not clear on what version of Subversion they're working with (I'll assume it's the latest one) and I'm not sure if they set up subversion for us as requested last week. If I don't hear back from them this afternoon, I might give them a call...

Matt, I'll really be glad when you've managed to sort out the two column news feed - I really need help deciphering this...

No comments:

Post a Comment