Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Strine beta - Live!

OK, the MySQL code fix worked (once I'd realised I needed to remove the line numbering I'd applied to the code :-P)

Strine beta is working (somewhat) at http://66.216.73.128/pligg/index.php
I might rename the file and take out the pligg, as I'm worried re hackers easily identifying it...

I started mucking about with the code for the groups tag last night with the online version, which was silly. I now need to upload the entire template file again to override errors I made (for some reason, you can't just undo changes i.e. even if you go back and rewrite the exact change you made to the code, it seems to freak out and stop working. Maybe this is a bug with the admin file editor?)

Rule from now on - make changes to your files offline and only transfer over once they're working! It's certainly a much faster process :-)


Anyway, after working out in class last night that all of the #PLIGG_Visual_____# references were pointing to the Language tab in the Admin page, I'm going to go back and try to make sense of the code again and track down the 'Group' code. Plus I plan to try out Subversion on the server later. If that doesn't make the whole thing fall apart, I'm going to send out the address to the team to start populating the content (only from backed up material!), and to test the bookmarklets etc

jct

A

No comments:

Post a Comment