Sunday, September 20, 2009

jct progress - pligg on wamp issue solved

Had problems at the install session at the meeting yesterday - on the windows machines, although pligg looked like it was working you couldn't log into the site you'd created.

I had a go at installing it on my Windows machine when I got home and had the same log in issues. I ran the Troubleshooter and it was telling me it wouldn't work as I was running SQL version 3.2.27, where WAMP was telling me it was running 5.1.36.

Anyway, I had a look at the phpMyAdmin homepage and it said the server was running MySQL client version: mysqlInd 5.0.5-dev - 081106 - $Revision: 1.3.2.27$. That $Revision bit looks like some sort of svn reference that got stuck in the code. Funnily enough, the last set of numbers 3.2.27 seems to be what Pligg is reading and it's stuffing up the whole install.

I posted on the wampserver and pligg forums, but didn't seem to have a response.
http://www.wampserver.com/phorum/read.php?2,54464
http://forums.pligg.com/questions-comments/19570-cant-log-pligg-wamp-2-0i.html#post85564

As far as I could tell, people were using Pligg fine on older versions of wamp, so I decided that would be the easiest solution to the problem. It worked, so I sent out these instructions to the team:

How to fix this:
1) Uninstall WAMP 2.0i
Use the Add/remove program function in the control panel, then go to your C drive and delete the wamp folder

2) Install WAMP5 version 1.7.4
from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/files/

3) Reinstall Pligg

I'll finish hooking everyone else up to the svn strine repository at the Monday night meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment